A little late in the day, but I thought I’d get a Speak Out with your Geek Out version of Humpday Links. These links will take you to things that are close to my heart, and make my geeky heart happy. Follow and enjoy!
– Project Gutenberg is one of my favourite sites for reading material ever. Seriously, where else are you going to get a Complete Works of William Shakespeare for free? Plus, there is a serious amount of good, copyright-free material here, and the site is worth hunting through.
– If you are a gamer or GM, Johnn Four’s Roleplaying Tips is the site you need to have in your bookmarks. Better yet, sign up for the newsletter. I’ve been getting it for over five years and I’ve never regretted a single issue; every one is packed full of useful RPG tips and advice. Go there now!
– Those who know me, know my eldritch love of Cthulhu (Ia! Ia!) and the Cthulhian role-playing games. The Unspeakable Oath feeds that love on both counts.
– Cheapass Games is pretty much my favourite board gaming company ever. The games are clever and fun, and right now you can get a bunch of them for free off the site. Great free games, how can you not love that?
– If you love steampunk (which I do) and live in Canada (ditto), then Steampunk Canada is the place to connect with others that love the retro-futuristic movement. Heck, even if you aren’t Canadian you should check it out; you can find fellow steamed punks to visit while on holiday!
– One of my very favourite podcasts ever, it’s Crazy Sexy Geeks! Jill Pantozzi and Alan Kistler are a delight to listen to, serving up their own special look at nerd culture every week. Add to that some useful geek dating tips, and you have a podcast every nerd needs to hear.
– A newly-discovered bit of web TV geekery, The Variants explores the lives of people working in the unpredictable world of retail comics. Funny and sometimes touching, this is a must vue for anyone who wonders what goes on at their comic-book store when they aren’t around.
Okay, that’s all for now. Join me tomorrow and Friday for the last two instalments in Speak Out with your Geek Out. What will they be, you ask? That would be telling, wouldn’t it?
Comments below as always…