Good morrow, fair gentles! Wednesday has arrived, and we needs must get through it to enjoy the slide into the weekend. Please partake of these links which, if not enjoyable, should at least fill a few long minutes of the day:
– Let us start with some crazy! According to this gentleman, when Lucas messes with the Star Wars movies he is not just upsetting fans, he is thwarting the will of extra-terrestrial visitors!
– From crazy we go to awesome, and read a letter from a gamer to his as-yet-to-be-born daughter. My favourite quote? “If at age 30 you are little more than the currency that fools have paid you, spend yourself.” I actually fist-pumped.
– Like Wil Wheaton? Love animals? Then follow this link and donate to help Wil and Anne Wheaton raise funds for the Pasadena Humane Society. And then maybe donate time/money to your local humane society. Just saying…
– This is geeky, inasmuch as it helps stave off the global food apocalypse. Eat Local First is a site I discovered through a friend, that provides groceries grown/produced right here in Alberta. And I’m sure if you nosed around you could find one in your area.
– Ever wonder what exactly goes into fantasy and sci-fi editing? Here is an interview with Ellen Datlow, esteemed SF editor, that should answer some of those burning questions.
– Though I haven’t discussed it with my Thursday night gaming group yet, I think the idea behind Play a New RPG Month is a good one. I’m going to give it a whirl, and you should too!
– Another gaming nerd event, this time proposed by The Escapist: Read an RPG Book in Public Week. Or RARPGBIPW, as it is lovingly known. It’s almost Welsh…
– For those tens of you that, like me, are huge Babylon 5 fans, Pat Tallman’s new book will be of some interest…
– Steve Jackson Games is running a new contest; seems they have a game coming out in 2012 and they need help naming it. To help you along, “Kiss My Buttress!” has already been submitted.
– For those that can’t wait until Christmas to unwrap their Doctor Who news, here are some Christmas episode updates from Bleeding Cool.
– Continuing the Whovering, this has made the rounds a lot lately, but is really damn cool so listen to it again!
– And finally: This ought to shut up every loud mouth who ever said you were wasting your time playing video games (that’s right Mom, I called you a loud mouth. What are you gonna-ow! Not the ear, ow ow ow!)
Enjoy your Wednesday, and join me tomorrow for something far more serious…though probably not. As always, share your comments below!