Happy Robert Burns Day! While you wait for your haggis to cook I hope you’ll enjoy these wee timorous links…
– It is time once again for Paizo’s RPG Superstar Challenge, and the 32 competitors have been chosen!
– I’ve long suspected that Mark Wahlberg is America’s secret weapon…now I know for sure.
– Nothing I could say would equal the awesomeness of this, so presented without comment: the crowd-sourced fan film version of Star Wars: A New Hope.
– From The Mary Sue: This may just take the top spot as coolest engagement ring/proposal combo ever.
– Dave Hewlett has a new web series and you should watch it. Watch it hard!
– Apparently, scientists have been taking awesome pictures of space again. Warning: this image is really big, so give it time to load. You won’t be sorry.
– “A Wrinkle in Time” is turning 50. Time to give it another read, methinks.
– Courtesy of The Joe Shuster Awards, here is a pretty comprehensive list of current Canadian webcomics. I…I might be away for a while…
– Robin D. Laws has some advice for avoiding an outbreak of Foot-in-Mouth disease the next time you talk to your favourite creator.
– As a writer, I need to take much of the advice on this list. Maybe you do as well.
– It has been said that Mal Reynolds is the Han Solo of a new generation; this shirt proves it.
– We’ve touched on ridiculous female “armour” before, but this article actually examines some of the issues faced in properly armouring women.
– A bit behind the curve, but in case you missed it Hasbro has been hit by sweatshop allegations. What price, Transformer?
– A very good interview with James L. Sutter on writing and RPGs, courtesy of SF Signal.
– And finally, if you are starting any kids out with 4th Ed D&D, I highly recommend these character sheets.
Okay, your haggis should be done by now; time to eat! Join me tomorrow for more nerdery, and please do share any of your own links in the comments.