Back when Renaissance Gamer was still Renaissance Dork, I used to do a weekly link post of stuff I found around the internets I thought was cool and interesting. I want to get back to that, because I’m still finding cool gaming stuff to share, as well as things that are…let’s call them “gaming adjacent”. These would be things that might inspire your campaign prep or spark an idea for a neat location, monster, NPC and so on. And Friday seems a good day to this, since it gives you the weekend to skim through it all and explore.
So I present to you, the first Friday Linkdump:
– Like Attack Wing, but hate the paint jobs on the minis? Calgarian and wargaming enthusiast Teri has some painting tips.
– Given the number of friends I have who are afraid of spiders, I’d need to buy several of these robots; at least one would always be in the shop.
– Re: my earlier post about maps, I can’t believe I forgot to mention Dysan’s Dodecahedron. A great RPG blog, definitely worth checking out!
– Sticking with maps, here’s a great interview from Wired with Jonathon Roberts, the guy who mapped The Game of Thrones.
– I love finding little gems like this on YouTube: I give you, Role Initiative: A D&D Musical
– There used to be D&D Summer Camps! I want to go to there!
– The perfect gift for the rogue in your life: Lock Pick Earrings.
– Sticking with jewellery, this is a pretty cool necklace for the geek in your life.
– It’s no secret weird things get said at the gaming table. This blog collects them for you.
– Terry Brooks’ “Shannara” series is in the works to come to television. Cue manly squee of joy in 3…2…
– Looks like the Advanced Bestiary for Pathfinder is going to be pretty cool, if this post by Chris Pramas is any indication.
– And finally: Larry Elmore has begun another KickStarter, this time to fund a new SnarfQuest book. As you would expect it has already reached funding with 41 days to go. I’m interested to see what stretch goals make an appearance; maybe my dream of a Snarf plushie will become reality!
That’s it! Have a great weekend, play games, and I’ll see you on Monday!