Another Odin’s Day is upon us, and with it the traditional offering of electronic links, as it was in ancient times.
But first, the news. I reached my fundraising goal for the Hair Massacure with a nail-biter of a finish. A huge thank-you has to go out to everyone who donated to the cause; I just paraded around in pink hair for a month but you guys made this fundraiser work. Thank-you so much, and I hope you’ll keep the support going next year. As you can see by the pic, I need to get going on growing out the hair now…
Also, the “My Patronus is a d20” t-shirt I created to support the fundraising did not get enough pre-orders to print, which is sad. What isn’t sad is that I re-started the campaign with a lower price, longer duration and lower pre-order minimum. Proceeds still go to the Stollery, it just won’t be part of the Hair Massacure donation. But I wanted to make sure the T-shirts printed this time, to reward the stalwart few who wanted them. So click on the T-shirt image (or here) to go to pre-order and get your very limited edition nerd shirt.
Okay, less blather, more links!
– Ernie Gygax Jr.’s home has burned down. Thankfully no one was hurt, but he could use our help.
– Wizard’s of the Coast is set to re-print the original D&D white box set. On the one hand I’m happy that a new generation will see where our hobby started. On the other…hey WotC, how about some new gaming material?
– Weregeek creator Alina Pete has a Kickstarter going for her fifth Weregeek collection. It is already on to stretch goals, so jump on board now!
– You’ve likely seen the “Chaos” teaser for the return of Game of Thrones. But it’s worth another watch, right?
– While you await the return of GoT, maybe you can hug these Jon Snow and Ghost plushies.
– If you’re like me, you love the old pulp sci-fi covers. Now you can make your own.
– SyFy is set to adapt Philip K. Dick’s “The Man in the High Castle” as a four-part mini-series. I’d write more, but I think that is the punchline.
– Paizo Project Manager Jessica Price gives a great article on how the gaming industry is getting less sexist.
– Wondering who the nominees for the Nebular Awards are? Let SFFWA President John Scalzi tell you.
– If you are going to Gen Con (or even if you aren’t), why not book a few extra days and stay in a castle?
– If you like to doodle, why not give it a try in three dimensions?
– Ever wonder what Star Trek would look like if Pixar took the reins? Wonder no longer.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned for more bloggy goodness and don’t forget to be awesome.